woensdag 20 november 2013

Alt – I’m An Actress


Alt – I’m An Actress
Domino Media Agency / Self released – 2013
Rock, Alternative, Indie, Stoner
Rated: ***

The French trio ALT returns with yet another EP, this one entitled I’m An Actress. It’s the fourth in the series that is now complete after releasing I'm A Dancer, I'm A Singer and I'm A Model the past years. They’ve branded their form of alternative rock music with definite indie and stoner elements as damaged rock. Add to this tiny piches of new wave, eighties pop and postpunk and you get the idea. Four highly eclectic and bombastic rock tracks that glow and radiate with pure luminensce. Interesting melodies, growling and reverberating riffs across sliding and whimsical drums. Rhythms that can change of a dime and a mighty production. And a singer that almost always convinces; there are just a few vocal moments that aren’t as satisfying as the others. But on most fronts; ALT kicks serious actress butt!

(Written by JK)



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.