vrijdag 20 oktober 2023

Crabe – Visite du Temple Inné


 

Crabe – Visite du Temple Inné
Self-released – 2023
Noise, Punk, Folk, Avant-garde
Rated: Doktor420 does not rate


One of my DJ friends posted something what made me curious:

...defies all genre boundaries - and all expectations. Freaky breaks and changes in style confuse the brain and ears, and in the middle of it all, a real pop song.

He reviewed this album here: KRAUTNICK


Well, I knew that listening wouldn't be an easy task... While I spun it, I felt the need to reply to his post. Thanks for this experience, I said. And continued: in any case, the first half entertained me very well. The pop song "Je ne peux pas te dire je t’aime" has something. As if a French song had crept into the movie "Once" (2007, directed by John Carney, starring Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová). I like a touch of Folk in (Heavy) Rock Music. In the middle part it gets a little "tough"! The parts that break out of the normal song structure are ... "difficult" I'd say: crap, musically but probably they have something to tell - just my French ... well ... Crabe please you with a song and BAAAM! After 1,5 minutes they "destroy" it, adding unpleasant sounds, only to come back to the good stuff, right before the song ends. It's still interesting and not annoying enough to scare me away. Uff - Tracks 6 to 10 are exhausting. In the "not quite bad" final "Personne proximité ft. Hubert Lenoir" you hear that it is nearly over and I am also looking forward to it. It's weird, it's different, it's fun - not sure if it's really good or if I like it in its entirety, but it was pretty entertaining. You might dig it.


(Written by Doktor420)


Bandcamp

Facebook


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.