zaterdag 3 april 2021

The Doom Chart for March 2021

 

 

Doom Charts

The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new...”  ~ Socrates


As the old folk lore goes, March came in like a lion and out like a, well in the Doom Charts case, a fucking lion. Another solid month of new tunes, 23 of which make their debut here on the charts. If you’re on the west coast there is still time to pitch in for Bandcamp Friday and push all proceeds to the bands. Sorry we didn’t get this up sooner, but times have been busy here at headquarters and we can only do so much. Either way, what I always say is every day is Bandcamp Friday and no matter where you’re at the music is at the click of the mouse. 


Today I felt I’d share something personal and one reason for the lag in getting this up a bit later than usual. Anyway, as you all know the Doom Charts is a global affair and our team spans across multiple continents and represents as much of the world as we can within this tight knit heavy underground scene. These posts are generally updated and tallied by myself, who takes time out of my real world life in a fit of passion and obsession for music. Well, I’ve recently been offered an opportunity at my day job at a new company in a new city and have been laboring away over the past month or so packing my bags and uprooting my family to dive into a new adventure in a new city. For those in the Denver, Colorado area, yours truly will be taking up residence starting next week and am excited to get to know the local scene that I hear is absolutely killer. Anyway, enough boasting about my personal affairs (I’m super excited about it), but if you’re in Denver as a band or fan, feel free to hit me up at my email listed on my Bandcamp and lets all keep in touch in the months to come. I’m going to need to find out where all the cool record shops and venues are in the city. And that also said, we’re a global family so no matter where you live on the planet you can count on us to present the best new albums in the world each and every month.

 
A personal message from Bucky who is relocation across country and despite all the stress and work, remains active for the Doom Charts and on his Bandcamp site. Talking about Bandcamp sites; I’ve just hit the magical 1000 albums myself. Uncle Woe’s Don’t Look Down release did the trick. But enough about all that, let’s do the Doom Charts rundown… For the all new, March Edition of the Doom Charts has arrived! And all of the albums mentioned are stunning, from that first mentioned Nothing Is Real record to everyone’s expected Number One... Gonna be listening to all of them again during the Easter weekend...  Personal votes went to: The Quill, Stonus, Yawning Sons, Spelljammer, Acid Mammoth & Greenleaf... But all those others could have just as easily gotten my vote as well! Enjoy all the heaviness and watch out for the evil bunny!!

 
Welcome to Doom Charts, representing some of the finest bloggers, journalists, radio, podcasters and album reviewers from the heavy underground around the globe.  Each month, our critics submit their picks for the best new doom, sludge metal, stoner-psychedelic and heavy rock albums.  The results are compiled and tabulated into the chart below.  This is a one-stop shop for the best new albums in the world…


The Doom Chart for March 2021

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.