maandag 27 juni 2016

Cactus Rojo – Cosmonautas


Cactus Rojo – Cosmonautas
Self released – 2016
Rock, Stoner, Heavy, Psych
Rated: ****

You know what I was just thinking? I'm gonna have to learn Spanish man. That's because the act Cactus Rojo from Mexico is one of a few Spanish speaking bands that I have really been digging. Another being Arrecho from Venezuela who have also just released a new recording. Cactus Rojo met all of my expectation with their newest release Cosmonautas. Right from the first cut Génesis they grab hold of a heavy stoner sound that borders closely on metal. It's a great opener and a rip roarin good time… Once again the singer is so good that I don't care what the message is (most times I do). There is something about the Spanish speaking world; when they sing heavy, it rocks! Cosmonautas is a nice cleanly recorded heavy record. They rock the shit out of cuts two and three as well. Then cut four Pirámides comes on and it's a way more laid back vibe and I'm loving it. I love everything about it. The psych guitar playing, the nice smooth bass and drums with those heavier vocals makes for an awesome tune. Very nice indeed. It's the kind of jam that makes you want to stop and just enjoy the atmosphere... Then the guys bring it home with their title track which also gives the rest of the EP a run for its money. I urge all readers to give these guys a listen! I believe there is something for everyone on this record and maybe you’ll learn a little Spanish along the way.

(Written by Charlie Tooth)



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.