zondag 1 januari 2017

Number 1


Number 1

There can be only one. A 1000Mods stood firm on Second Place. But to reach our Gold Medalist, the Numero Uno, the one true legendary album of 2016, we almost have to double the amount of points of the 1000Mods album Repeated Exposure To… Incredible! And something I had not expected. Not because of some form of doubt about this album or this band. Cause they were ofcourse also present on the Countdown before, on Number 9 back in 2014 and Number 14 in 2012. But because there were so many great albums released this year. I reckoned the field would have been much closer together. I, have to say, to some shame perhaps, that I had not recognized the status and amazing beauty of this album. In former years I knew, as everyone probably did, that Elder would win. Or Wo Fat or even Electric Wizard. But while I kept listening to this album over and over and enjoying every freaking riff and moment of it. I had not recognized it’s true quality. I do now. And it will continue to be pure energy for me from this moment on. Righteous fuel. And I need fuel. I am a serious consumer. And I am a firm believer, that on some nights, when the moon is full, and the animals are on the prowl, a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles with the right kind of music very loud on the radio… And yes, this album will make it run even faster and even further…




Greenleaf – Rise Above The Meadow




3 opmerkingen:

  1. (SITH)Trooper of ROG/Infinite Tanks

    Can't really argue with this...ticks all the boxes. Play loud!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Where's Conan - Revengeance? This is pure Bullshit.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. As with Monkey3, Conan did not make the Top 20. We received 76 lists of the frequent visitors. And after counting all the points; Monkey3 came in on positiont 24 and Conan on 34... As can be seen on the Onwards & Upwards post... But, Sergio, be sure to keep spinning Conan, for it is a stunning album!

    http://stonerhive.blogspot.nl/2017/01/onwards-and-upwards-in-2017.html

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.