dinsdag 9 januari 2018

Zom – Nebulos


Zom – Nebulos
Argonauta Records - 2018
Heavy Rock Stoner
Rated: ****

I like fuzz. I like it on my breakfast, I like it in my drinks. Hell, I like fuzz in my pants and in my head. Do I love fuzz more than my family? Hard to say. But fuzz has never made me get up at 3.00am because it heard a sound downstairs or announced on Sunday evening that a school project needs to be finished - you decide. Needless to say, Zom like a lot of fuzz. Fusing all that is great about dirty stoner rock’n’roll, they sound like the satan-spawned bastard offspring between Stoner, Hard Rock and attitude - which is to say fucking brilliant. This is punk blues powered by high octane riffs that are cranked out with scant disregard for niceties, urged on by a cleanish vocal style that has a passionate and urgent rasp to it. Precision, scalpel sharp solos are strewn over the songs in all the right places, giving you a collection of tunes that demand to be played again and again. And for a bonus in this day and age of heavier than thou, someone has remembered to write tracks with decent hook-lines that make the whole Nebulos album scream by in a satisfying blur of foot-stomping thuggery.

(Written by Tony Maim)



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.