vrijdag 5 februari 2016

Charlie Tooth’s Personal Top 20 of 2015


Charlie Tooth’s Personal Top 20 of 2015

Apologies to the amazing Charlie Tooth. Due to the dramatic circumstances in life and my sudden amazing marriage and henceforth departure on a small honeymoon, I forgot to push to post button on Charlie’s screed about 2015! So as we look forward to slowly starting up the Stoner HiVe show again we look back first, to that desperate year of 2015 and our honor and luck in getting to meet the great Charlie Tooth!

“The year of 2015 was a bit of a change for myself. For one I started writing and recording music again after an almost 19 year hiatus. Our fearless leader JK gave me a shot at reviews here at the HiVe and I hope to stick around the HiVe for a while. I have been battling with some issues, but the home front has been overall good and I really shouldn't complain. But my personality always allows for some sort of disgruntled bitch fest rant… With that, let's get on with the list. Yeah, I have some top names on my list and a live album. But I also tried to go with a little lesser known grouping that touched me throughout the year; bands that I reviewed and believe are destined to be heard from again in one fashion or another. And because I didn't have a cool platform last year like the HiVe to speak my mind at I also may have one or two from 2014. I know there are many out there who won't like my list. But I feel a duty to lift up bands that may not have another shot on other blogs and I feel are talented or just sound good to me. Also, thank you JK. You have never altered anything I have written except for maybe my bad grammar. You are a true artist in my mind. Remember kiddies. To sensor is to stifle, and to stifle will kill dreams. Peace, and let us all crush 2016!!!”


2 Sacri Monti - Sacri Monti
4 Sun Preachers - Walking Toward The Tower
5 Watchtower - Radiant Moon
13 Ghost - Meliora
19 Andrew Durnien - Last Exit

Honorable mention: What I consider as the best of the return to classic stuff, as album of last year for a band that's been around for a long time: Judas Priest- Redeemer of Souls

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.