dinsdag 9 juli 2019

Waingro – III


Waingro – III
A No List Records / Sludgelord Records – 2019 (August 16)
Stoner Doom, Punk’n’Roll
Rated: *****

Oh man, I have never heard of these guys before but with a blast of aggression and a raw as fuck stoner template, I am hooked! Waingro have produced an album that blasts along like a shotgun to the head. This is dirty punk rock’n’roll with a metallish edge that takes no prisoners. Fast Motörhead type riffs propel the songs along which have hook ridden chorus breaks, angry but tuneful vocals and heavy-as-fuck attitude. With killer solos that hurtle along but have a sweet, sweet tone to them that make me want to punch walls, this is the good shit. One album ain’t much to sum up a band but when the world ends and I am riding my open-topped convertible through a nuclear ravaged landscape, wearing clothes made from skinned dogs and wielding a baseball bat with nails in to hunt and kill zombies, this is the soundtrack I will be playing!

(Written by Tony Maim)



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.