maandag 8 januari 2018

The W Likes – The W Likes


The W Likes – The W Likes
Self Released - 2017
Rock, Stoner, Desert Blues
Rated: *****

Up here on the top floor of Maim Towers, I look out over you, the little people and decide which words of wisdom to type, in the hope that my music choices can bring some hope into the lives you lead. I do get a lot of shit send that I have to sift through and within quite a short while, I can tell if I like it enough to review. But Stoner music is quite hard to rate. Just the very basic set up, the sound, the tunes etc mean that even an average band will have moments of toe tapping and head nodding. So when an album like The W Likes drops on my earphones, all of a sudden, the dross is blown away and the sheer excellence of this offering is plain to see. I will not give you a track by track review - I will get straight to the question you need to know: Is it any good? YEAH, IT’S FUCKING GREAT. Groove-ridden monster riffs, screaming solos, heavy backing, punk mixed with classic rock, stoner desert blues - this is the good shit. My heart has been lifted and my soul cleansed - much jumping up and down with added nodding power.

(Written by Tony Maim)




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.