maandag 28 september 2015

Undercover Rabbis – Electric Sand


Undercover Rabbis – Electric Sand
Self released – 2015
Rock, Doom, Experimental
Rated: ***

Electric Sand by Undercover Rabbis is unique to say the least. It only makes sense that these guys come from a vast wasteland of weirdness; New Jersey! (I can say this being born and raised in the great Garbage State). Opening track Rocket to space has a mystical beginning before shifting to spoken word halfway through. The song is dynamic and they keep it familiar enough to keep you engaged. Undercover Rabbis keep their experimental weirdness going right onto the track Aurora Borealis, which is something I could really get on board with. Sometimes I too have unusual taste, but I thought the song was quite good. Next cut Attilah has some nice riffage and timing changes. Vocals on the record are very theatrical in my opinion. But I'm a big fan of Ghost; and they also have what I consider to be a slight mismatch of vocals vs. music. The final song Goodbye Sky Captain is an instrumental well played and well crafted. Overall I liked the record. If you need a nice change of pace or a mystical escape check ‘em out at the bandcamp site below.

(Written by Charlie Tooth)



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.