woensdag 2 september 2015

Stone Em All – Villains


Stone Em All – Villains
KY BackSlider Records – 2015
Alt. metal, Heavy metal, 80's style American metal
Rated: ****

Stone Em All, let Charlie Tooth sort it out! Stone Em All is a group hailing from Guernsey in the Channel Islands. Where? That little speck of dust in the water between France and the United Kingdom. No matter, because they have recently unleashed their new EP Villains for all the world to hear. I gave it one listen and waited a bit to let sink in what I had just heard. It was very unexpected. These guys are a straight up kick ass Metal style band. Here is the easiest way I can sum it up. Crüe meets Anthrax, meets Scorpions, meets a heavier version of hair metal. Villains took me back to a time of no worries and party time. I listened to the EP a second time. Now I want to listen some more. I'm not usually a fan of this style of music anymore but Stone Em All have won me over. The musicianship is great on this record. Thumping bass guitar, powerhouse vocals, double bass and a lead player that makes me wish I would have practiced more. Is Villains, Stoner HiVe material? I'm not sure, but these guys are filling a niche and I for one like it.

(Written by Charlie Tooth)



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.